There are lots of things to think about when returning to school, but you can always ask for help and advice.
One of the best ways to prepare for going back to school is by thinking about things ahead of time:
- Be prepared for how you might respond to questions about your spinal cord injury
- If you feel you would like extra emotional support consider talking to a teacher, friends or a family member about how you are feeling.
- You could contact the Back Up Trust or visit your GP if you would like extra counselling
- Think about talking to your class about your injury so that everyone has a better understanding of Spinal Cord Injury
- See if someone can be the named contact in school for you
- Keep asking questions and keep teaching people about what you need
- Be assertive, you’ve come through a lot!
- Remember you are still the same person