Which course is right for you?
Back Up’s courses can provide the perfect introduction to managing away from home, and boosting your confidence.
Many of the courses offer the chance to develop your wheelchair skills in a challenging environment. The type of course you are interested in will depend on what you are hoping to achieve.
Their programme includes water skiing, skiing, and multi-activity
But there is plenty on offer for the less sporty amongst you too:
- The City Challenge course in Edinburgh combines cultural and social activities with the chance to improve your wheelchair skills and use public transport in one of the most beautiful but inaccessible cities in the UK
- Back Up to Work is for you if you are considering your employment options
- The new Wheelchair Skills Plus course is designed to help you develop skills to be more independent and confident in day to day life
Give them a call on 0208 875 1805 or email them
…to chat through the options – they can support you to work out which course might suit you best.
Course places are limited, so they do give priority to people who haven’t been on a course before, or who have the most potential to benefit. If you are applying for a course with them, please give them a call to discuss what you are hoping to achieve.
- 100% of respondents from 2010 courses would recommend Back Up to a friend
- 100% of course participants achieved their personal aims in 2010
Back-Up do ask participants to make a financial contribution towards the cost of their course space if they can afford to. Please give them a call to chat about this, they never turn anyone away from a course due to lack of funds.
For more details and latest course information, go to their website on http://www.backuptrust.org.uk