In the classroom
When going back to school there are many questions you may want to ask, for example:
Can you have a copy of textbooks for home and school? Are desks and tables the right height?
Don’t be afraid to ask?
Here are some ideas to help you if you have limited hand movement:
- Listen to the lesson and ask a friend or your teacher for their notes
- Use a laptop computer with internet access and take a memory stick around with you
- Use voice activated software like Dragon
- Ask for help with someone writing down what you need to do for homework
- Write only key words in lessons
- Ask for extra support when you are doing exams
- Be aware that you need to keep drinking throughout the day
- Take an extra layer of clothing in case you get cold.