Support from SIA
The Spinal Injuries Association (SIA) aims to provide spinal cord injured people with the information, support and encouragement needed when considering returning to work, education or volunteering after injury.
The support they offer includes:
- Advice for you and your employer on returning to your previous employment post injury
- Helping you to consider new options on returning to work if you can’t return to your previous employment
- Information on colleges that offer vocational retraining
- Contact details for further education
- Opportunities and assistance finding voluntary work Information about Employment Support Allowance including assistance in completing the Capacity to Work form.
They also offer training, such as Master Classes in various aspects of life and work, and Employment Clinics.
If you want to know more about any of these subjects, follow this link to their site.
They also offer specific work experience opportunities for people with SCI; If you want to know more about these, follow this link to their site.