Aspire Leisure Centre is the first fully integrated Training Centre in Europe for disabled and non-disabled people.
The good practice at the Aspire Leisure Centre inspired InstructAbility – a national project to train disabled people as fitness instructors.
With our deserved reputation for inclusive fitness, Aspire’s expertise has been used by the NHS in their recent video.
Facilities at the Aspire Leisure Centre include:
- A 25-metre swimming pool with ramped access for wheelchair users. With a water temperature of 31 degrees
- A fully integrated Inclusive Fitness Initiative approved fitness studio
- A sports hall
- Schwinn cycling studio and meeting room facilities
- Dance studio (national home to the internationally acclaimed integrated dance company Candoco)
- Cafe for light meals and drinks
Aspire Leisure Centre was the first fully accessible Training Centre in Europe for disabled and non-disabled people.
Currently, around a third of our members are disabled, which compares with a national average of 2-3% in other sports centres. We pro-actively encourage disabled people to join and take part in all activities by subsidising their membership and activity costs and offer a fully Inclusive Fitness Initiative approved fitness studio. Aspire has gained Quest (UK Quality Scheme for Sport and Leisure) registration as ‘Excellent’. Our InstructAbility course has also been awarded the Inspire Mark by the London 2012 Inspire Programme.